Grüße von USA

Vorstellung von Ross und Reiter
Forumsregeln
Bitte hier nicht mehr posten, benutze https://forum.3000gt.org
Antworten
Markingtime

Grüße von USA

Beitrag von Markingtime »

Hi my name is Mark. I'm sorry I don't speak Deutsch but I appreciate being allowed to join your Forum. I use an internet translator to read your posts so it is slow going but still very worth while and interesting. I live in the town of Newberg, in the state of Oregon, which is in the northwest corner of the United States. I am the 3rd owner of my green 1984 3000GT VR4 that I bought about 6 years ago.

Shortly after buying the car I began to learn that these cars were sold around the world, and more recently, that they came with different features in different markets. The LHD 3000GTs sold in mainland Europe were unique in that they came with heated seats. They also share the same headlight washers and height adjustable headlights controlled electrically from the cab as the RHD UK versions but configured for a LHD car.

I am in the process of building a universal OEM 3000GT/O VR4 by trying to include every conceivable world wide feature into my car so your cars have really peaked my interest. I am currently negotiating for the heated seat switches from a place in Sweden and I am continuing to search for the rest of the parts to the system as well as some headlight and headlight washer parts. Below is a list of where I am at on my project. I would be very interested in talking to anyone that has parts I am missing. I will put a detailed post in the Market section as well.

I don't have a lot of pictures of my car but the 2 short videos of my sequential rear turn signals below will help give you an idea of what I drive.

STOCK US SPEC 1994 3000GT VR4 FEATURES:

LHD, Glass Moonroof (what you call Targa?), 6 speed transmission, Active Exhaust, Active Suspension (ECS), Active Aero, AWD, AWS, Glass Fixed Projector Headlamps

INSTALLED UPGRADES (When Purchased in 2005 from 2nd owner):

15G turbos, 550 Injectors, Walbro 550 Fuel Pump,, A'PEXi fuel management, Hard Y pipe, Separate racing brake pads for track days, K & N Filter, Lowered 1.5",

UPGRADES SINCE PURCHASE:

Sequential rear turn signals/flashers
http://vimeo.com/13023031
http://vimeo.com/13023047

Vanity Plate "VR4 FUN" (see above videos),

ACT Clutch,

Greddy Profec B Electronic Boost Control set @ 17 pounds,

COLLECTED AFTERMARKET PARTS (installation pending):

Parts to robo mod headlights,

Adj fuel pressure regulator and gauge,

Duel pass aluminium radiator,

Cianci 60mm left A pillar triple gauge pod (looking for the same for the right A pillar),

Kormex limited slip front differential (identical to Quaife, won't be able to use with Ralliart rear dif listed under "Wish List")

Bozz Speed AA wing extension with farings.

COLLECTED 3000GT/O PARTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD (installation pending):

Exterior C pillar air deflectors from Dodge Stealth (Dodge version of the GTO in partnership with Mitsubishi and produced on same assembly line, sold only in the US),

From various Direct Markets, extra OEM trim pieces and switches for use in keeping all interior switches OEM,

GTO RHD 6-way Power Driver's Seat as my passenger seat (imported from Japan paying more for shipping than the seat),

GTO Power folding mirror system with all the switches and black boxes (parts imported from Japan and the UK),

UK Spec 3000gt headlight washer system including switches (need to replace with LHD switches) and the 1 gal tank that fits behind the bumper (also very useful for water/meth injection systems which is what I will use it for, headlight washers will be fed from windshield reservoir using a separate pump);

UK Spec 3000GT electrically actuated, vertically adjustable, Mk2 headlight aiming system controlled from the cab (I just learned that EU versions also had this system and I plan to get a set so I don't have to modify my UK ones for the RHD L/R aiming offset. They will be robo modded and receive the rare glass tops from my US headlights),

UK bumper corner marker

UK front fender turn signal light behind wheel

GTO rear quarter window sun visors in 2 different styles (they mount from the inside), with the critical wiring harness and transformer, that the "GTO" badge lights up on when the car lights are on (from the GTO Accessories Catalogue, imported from the UK and Canada);

Swedish (EU?) Spec heated seat system (currently in negotiations, if the heating elements are only in the seat bottom I am going to get a second set for the seat back)

WISH LIST:

Ralliart (Mitsubishi's Racing Division, parts sold only in Japan) hybrid torsion rear differential (which will require getting a GTO transmission to match the gearing),

GTO MR front A arms with brake cooling fin,

An original OEM Owner's Manual copy from every generation and mark from every Direct Market from around the world,

An original copy of the GTO Accessories Catalogue,

Everything in the GTO Accessories Catalogue.
Interceptor

Re: Grüße von USA

Beitrag von Interceptor »

Welcome to our Forum.

Greeting
Interceptor
sbrunthaler

Beitrag von sbrunthaler »

Welcome and have a good time wile reading!

BTW. I have a pair of brake cooling fins in my garage, the EU 3000GT also have them. You need thread holes in the front A arms and matching bolts, that's it, I think.

Regards,
Stefan B.
Markingtime

Thanks for the warm welcome. I understand this Forum is not supported by advertisers, is there a Paid Member category? Are there club window decals available?
sbrunthaler hat geschrieben:Welcome and have a good time wile reading!

BTW. I have a pair of brake cooling fins in my garage, the EU 3000GT also have them. You need thread holes in the front A arms and matching bolts, that's it, I think.

Regards,
Stefan B.
You are correct, however I am a bit of a purest when it comes to being a collector and I want the bragging rights that come with being able to say I have the actual OEM A arms that came fitted with them from the factory, even though I know it will cost more in shipping and purchase.

All the same I would be interested in them for spares if they are in good shape as I understand they don't always survive. How much do you want for them? Pics? I have a UK shipping address available that I am consolidating parts at right now.
Markingtime

Can anyone answer the question of weather or not there is a provision for paid membership to support the Forum since it does not accept advertising?

Are there Forum window stickers or decals available?
Interceptor

Beitrag von Interceptor »

No paid member category ... this page is sponsored by mitsublue himself.

Official there are no window stickers or decals available. Some Member have create a logo as a sticker for their own ... but i do not know if the sticker is still available from that Members.
Markingtime

Big thanks to Mitsublue!!! That is quite a commitment.

If decals ever become available I would be interested. It could also be a way to raise money for expenses.
icke39

Beitrag von icke39 »

Welcome to the 3000GT Driver Community and welcome to our Forum.

Are you only after the Trim and Exterior parts that were different or are you also searching for the different Internal (Engine) parts? The (EU) 3000GTs have different cooling, different valves and so on, for lasting longer during highspeed driving. There is a list of all these things in this forum. If you look for a complete build up, than we can translate it for you and help you finding these parts (mostly available in the EU).

This is a very nice project and keep us updated.

There are only 290 3000GTs left in Germany so we are a quite small group. This makes it easier to keep this forum ad free! ;-)

greetings

Here you can see the Forum-Decal we have. This is available via sbrunthaler or Otti.99

Bild
Markingtime

Thank you for that information, I will contact Otti99 for the decals.

I am primarily looking for as many of the systems and features as possible that I can add to my car without conflict like heated seats, headlight washers, and the like. I had not considered engine parts but if I end up getting into my engine I will consider the valves and cams. I already have 15g turbos so putting on 13g turbos would be a step in the wrong direction.

Here is a link to what I am seeking at the moment: http://www.gt-driver.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5133
R.Schwab

Beitrag von R.Schwab »

hy mark

welcome to our forum...
on the vid i`ve seen your exhaust, is it stock?
looks like another...

greetings from switzerland
Markingtime

Exhaust is stock, but it is the Active Exhaust. ;-) You must have been looking at the video of the sequential turn signals, they are not stock. :-D
R.Schwab

Beitrag von R.Schwab »

yes the turn ligths looks great...
and the active exhaust system was in my gt built in two...
but 2 years ago the swiss department of traffic sayed that the exhaust is to loud (because my gt is importet from the USA)

greetings from swiss
Markingtime

You should have offered them ear plugs. ;-)

Did they make you remove it or just keep it in tour mode?
Antworten